Order Deadlines For NZ Christmas Gift Hampers + Baskets
Cut Off Dates for NZ Christmas 2021 Gift Baskets + Hampers
**Christmas Day *2021* will be celebrated on Saturday 25th December**
It is IMPORTANT TO NOTE that this Christmas gifting season, we are expecting significant delays within the courier network. This year will be the most challenging yet for couriers and we anticipate that our delivery partners will be even busier this Christmas than in previous years.
We strongly suggest placing your Christmas gift order as early as you possibly can to ensure your gift reaches it destination in time. We have a delivery date selector during the checkout process, where you can order in advance + choose a date in the future for delivery.
We are happy to include a 'please open on' sticker on the outer carton of any orders that do not contain perishables. Please let us know when checking out if you would like us to take care of this for you.
Ordering early also ensures that we have the stock available to fill your order - many of our suppliers are experiencing issues with packaging and other supplies due to Covid - we will struggle to get extra stock the closer it gets to Christmas.
We recommend that Corporate Christmas orders are placed as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment as it's not unusual for some workplaces/government offices close the week before Christmas.
Please see below for our schedule of cut off dates for ordering Christmas Gift Hampers, Baskets, Boxes + Tins this Christmas 2021 season:
We will continue to dispatch gifts after the cut off dates, however we cannot guarantee delivery before Christmas.
North Island (Non rural) - please place your order BEFORE 10am THURSDAY 16th December.
North Island (Rural) - please place your order BEFORE 10am WEDNESDAY 15th December.
South Island (Non rural) - please place your order BEFORE 10am WEDNESDAY 15th December.
South Island (Rural) - please place your order BEFORE 10am MONDAY 13th December.
Rural Deliveries - Delivery to rural addresses CAN take 2-3 days longer depending on how rural the recipient is. Some rural courier drivers do not deliver each day. You can check if an address you are sending to is rural on the Courier Post website HERE.
Tokoroa- we will hand deliver in Tokoroa up until WEDNESDAY 22nd December. Please ensure your orders for Tokoroa Christmas Gift Hamper + Basket delivery are made before 10am Friday 17th December.
We will continue to put Christmas orders on the courier up until the last courier pick up on Tuesday 21st December. Please understand that if your order is placed AFTER the cut off times stated above, it MAY NOT arrive in time for Christmas Day.
Other IMPORTANT information:
- Due to the busy nature of the Christmas Season we may run low on certain products, our substitution policy states that we will replace with a similar item of equal or higher value. We will also only send cheese if we believe it is safe to do so - otherwise we will substitute with an item that works with the theme of the gift you have chosen.
- Because of the craziness that is the Christmas season, you may experience a 24 hour delay in your order being dispatched from the time you place your order.
- Our couriers will attempt to deliver the gift basket to the address you specify. If you give us specific instructions for signature required or to leave in a safe place the courier will follow those instructions (unless there is nowhere safe to leave the gift in which case they will leave a card).
- In most cases it is quicker to have items sent to a business address.
- Our orders are now sent 'signature not required' - we have found from experience that it avoids your recipient having to chase packages at the courier depot should they not be home at the time of arrival.
While we do our absolute best to ensure timely delivery of your gift, there are some situations that are out of our control, these are:
- You supply the incorrect address
- No access to the property and no-one to collect it.
- There is no where safe to leave the gift, so the courier leaves a card to call.
- Recipients have moved or gone away on holiday.
- The item is not collected, or re-delivery arranged once a card has been left.
Please do not hesitate to contact the team at The Pressie Box should you require any further clarification around the delivery of your packages this Christmas. You are welcome to email us or give us a call on 0800 555 153.
We have a beautiful range of Christmas Gift Ideas for your Christmas Gifting this year! From delicious award winning cheeses, to decadent NZ made chocolate there really is something for everyone.