Cut Off Dates for Christmas 2018 Orders
**Christmas Day *2018* will be celebrated on Tuesday 25th December**
It is IMPORTANT TO NOTE that due to the substantial increase in consumers ordering online during the Christmas season 2017 there were significant delays in the New Zealand courier network. This affected all courier companies across the board.
It is very important to the team at The Pressie Box that your order reaches it’s destination in time for Christmas Day, therefore please order as early as you can to avoid disappointment.
Please see below for our schedule of cut off dates for ordering Christmas Gift Hampers, Baskets and Tins this Christmas 2018 season:
North Island – please place your order BEFORE 2pm Monday 17th December.
South Island – please place your order BEFORE 8pm Sunday 16th December.
Rural Deliveries – Delivery to rural addresses CAN take 2-3 days longer depending on how rural the recipient is. Some rural courier drivers do not deliver each day. For this reason, please place your order for Christmas by 2pm Friday 14th December.
Tokoroa – we will deliver FREE of charge in Tokoroa up until Friday 21st December.
Putaruru – we will deliver in the immediate Putaruru area up until Friday 21st December. Orders for Tokoroa/Putaruru must be placed by 2pm Tuesday 18th December.
Please understand that if your order is placed AFTER the cut off times stated above, it MAY NOT arrive in time for Christmas Day.
PLEASE NOTE: We will continue to put Christmas orders on the courier up until the last courier pick up on FRIDAY 21st December, however if ordered after our cut off times, we cannot not guarantee delivery before Christmas Day.
Other IMPORTANT information:
- Due to the busy nature of the Christmas Season we may run low on certain products, our substitution policy states that we will replace with a similar item of equal or higher value. We will also only send cheese if we believe it is safe to do so – otherwise we will substitute with an item that works with the theme of the gift you have chosen.
- Because of the craziness that is the Christmas season, you may experience a 24 hour delay in your order being dispatched from the time you place your order.
- Our couriers will attempt to deliver the gift basket to the address you specify. If you give us specific instructions for signature required or to leave in a safe place the courier will follow those instructions (unless there is nowhere safe to leave the gift).
- In most cases it is quicker to have items sent to a business address.
- Our orders are now sent ‘signature not required’ – we have found from experience that it avoids your recipient having to chase packages at the courier depot should they not be home at the time of arrival.
While we do our absolute best to ensure timely delivery of your gift, there are some situations that are out of our control, these are:
- You supply the incorrect address
- No access to the property and no-one to collect it.
- There is no where safe to leave the gift, so the courier leaves a card to call.
- Recipients have moved or gone away on holiday.
- The item is not collected, or re-delivery arranged once a card has been left.
Please do not hesitate to contact the team at The Pressie Box should you require any further clarification around the delivery of your packages this Christmas. You are welcome to email us or give us a call on 0800 555 153
We have a beautiful range of Christmas Gift Ideas for your Christmas Gifting this year! From delicious award winning cheeses, to decadent NZ made chocolate there really is something for everyone.
From all of us here at The Pressie Box – we wish you a safe and happy holiday season.